Thursday, December 3, 2009

Christmas presents for teachers ?

I dont know about you but this time of year I search around for pressies for the teachers that are not cheesey, or that won't be put straight in the back of the cupboard (or worse - regifted)... I am a big fan of FOOD as presents - and I find, generally that most other people are too. So this year, what about a jar of homemade cookies, or chocolates ?
Grab a jar from IKEA (these little bargain babies are only $3.99 each - and the bigger versions are only $5.99 !!), and tie it with a stylish Sambellina gift tag and some stripey ribbon...... and there you go, instant style with a warm feeling behind it. I know this is seriously cheating - but I have found the BEST packet mix for choc-chip cookies. Try out the "Betty Crocker - Milk Chocolate Chunk Cookies" - all you add is butter and 1 egg and BING - you have very yummy cookies. They can be easily be entirely made by kids. I have cooked them with my kids quite a few times now - each time, they come out chewy, round and taste very similar to MRS FIELDS cookies - gold !!! (Hmmm...should I be admitting this ?)

You could even buy some chocolate macadamias or bon bons or anything really and do the same. Happy cooking !! xx

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I'm doing that too with my trusty shortbread recipe.
    Love the pics x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a good idea... I'm definitely going to use this soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails